Jobs Tips & Resources
- Specific qualifications, education, and skills vary for each job posting.
- Some positions may involve being on-call (On-call - being responsible for patients overnight or on the weekend for a defined period of time) and/or seeing inpatients (Inpatient - a patient who stays in hospital while under treatment).
- Opportunities for GPs can include teaching medical students and residents, being part of a maternity care group, working in special clinics (mental health, youth, seniors), and residential care.
- Compensation, benefits, and incentives are different for each GP job opportunity, depending on location and situation (e.g. rural, urban, part/full-time, nature of practice). For more about this see: tips and resources/compensation. For more about this information click here.
- International medical graduates who are required to do a return of service must work full time in a full service family practice during the return of service term.
- These resources are helpful for medical residents, doctors new to practice, and doctors new to BC when considering job opportunities: