This strategic planning overview and template that can be used to customize a local or regional recruitment and retention strategy.
Other useful resources to guide the development of your recruitment strategy can be found here:
- Planning for recruitment (Health Match BC)
- An article from Health Match BC that describes key steps and questions to consider in order to be well prepared for the lengthy and detailed process of physician recruitment.
- Two compelling articles regarding recruiting ethics, by Health Match BC’s Executive Director.
- Ethical Recruitment Principles - example (Surrey North Delta Division)
- Inspired by Health Match BC’s recruiting ethics articles, an example of ethical recruitment principles developed by one division to foster a positive experience for all involved in the recruitment process. Adapted from: World Health Organization Global Code of Practice on International Recruitment of Health Care Personnel.
- Island Regional Recruitment and Retention Strategy
- Best practices guide for a regional collaboration model to inform other regions across BC. A fundamental tenet of the work is to increase the chances of successful recruitment and retention for the region as a whole
- Island Regional R & R Strategy Webinar
- Executive Directors from three divisions talk about why they started the collaboration, and share the Island's approach, experiences, and greatest lessons learned.