Creating and maintaining an up-to-date community profile can help to identify GPs (and their families) who would be a best fit for your community.
Questions to think about when creating a community profile:
- What is unique about your community?
- What is unique about the population?
- What is the projected population growth in the coming years?
- What is the current and projected average age in your community?
- What are the current and anticipated health care needs in the community?
- What are future developments (e.g., new health care models, new health care facilities, new employers)?
- Why would a physician and his/her family want to live in your community (e.g. employment for spouse)?
The following resources can help you to create a community profile:
- Health Authority and Ministry of Health profiles
- Health Authority community survey reports
- Canadian Community Health Survey
- Municipal websites