UBC IMG Canadian Residency Program
The Path to Residency through the University of British Columbia’s International Medical Graduate (IMG) Office, is available to Canadians who have trained in a country outside of North America. The Path to Residency is designed to assist students to be matched to a residency position in BC or another province, through the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS).
- Entry into the program is highly competitive.
- Program applicants must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- Canadians studying abroad are not guaranteed a position in the Path to Residency.
- Read carefully through each section of the Path to Residency, including the FAQs to learn about the full program and to see whether you are eligible to apply.
- The Path to Residency offers the Clinical Assessment Program (CAP) to enhance the chances of matching through CaRMS. CAP provides students with supervised Canadian clinical experience, which is preferred for the CaRMS application.
- A two year return of service in a community in need is required of all IMG graduates of the family medicine residency program.
- For more information, click here.